What is neurorehabilitation?
Neurorehabilitation is a rehabilitation process which has the objective of helping in the recovery, restitution or minimisation of functional deficits caused by injuries of the central nervous system.
We apply traditional techniques and the newest ones supported by scientific evidence. Thus, we design an Individualised Plan of Intensive Rehabilitation focused on each person and pathology, offering objective and continuous data on the progress of therapies carried out
Elderly People are large consumers of healthcare resources thanks to their physical, cognitive and neurological pathologies. Precisely for this reason we intervene in the prevention and later in the intervention for the integral recovery of the physical and/or cognitive aftermath produced by pathologies such as a stroke, Parkinson’s, head trauma, brain damage, or other neurodegenerative pathologies.
Neurorehabilitation services for Elderly People:
We set rehabilitation goals with the patient and carry out techniques and continuous monitoring to achieve them
We carry out rehabilitations and adaptations in the natural surroundings of the person. In the home of the person, in the office, in the car or wherever they want to continue the life they had before suffering brain damage.
Neurorehabilitation techniques for Elderly People that we offer:
Injury rehabilitation programs for acquired brain damage.
Cognitive rehabilitation program
Restriction therapy – induction of movement (CIMT).
Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation
Graded motor imagination
Application of new technologies
The areas from which we work neurorehabilitation are:
From this area we try to recover functional capacities to improve personal autonomy.
- Training, re-education and adaptation of basic activities and instruments of daily life.
- Rehabilitation of the upper limb.
- Specific training in tasks: improve and optimise learning and motor control, analysing and grading the purposeful activity according to the needs, capacities and interests of the person.
- Specific programs to improve the motor control of the upper limb
- Re-education and sensory stimulation.
- Assessment, adaptation and intervention in natural environments.
- Assessments of support products and their subsequent training.
From the area of neuropsychology and rehabilitation, we work to stimulate personal autonomy, their social, family and work integration through the training of cognitive, behavioural and emotional functions affected after suffering acquired brain damage or neurological pathology
The services that we offer from the area of neuropsychology are:
- Complete assessment of cognitive capabilities to establish a functional and individualised rehabilitation program.
- Intervention on behavioural problems.
- Basal and neurosensory stimulation in altered states of consciousness or minimal alteration.
- Individualised cognitive stimulation for people with mild cognitive impairment.
From the area of physiotherapy, after an initial assessment, the aftermath produced in the muscular and joint structures are addressed
The services that we offer from the area of physiotherapy are:
- Gait rehabilitation.
- Robotics for the rehabilitation of the lower limb.
- Functional re-adaptation.
- Program for the prevention of falls with the user and in their environment
- Dry Puncture.
From this area we intervene in speech, voice, language and swallowing disorders, based on the neurorehabilitation currents that present the most evidence.
From the area of speech therapy we offer different services:
- Communication and language rehabilitation.
- Voice and speech rehabilitation.
- Approach to dysphagia.
- Applied technology to the speech therapy approach.
- Orofacial motor and sensory intervention.
From this area of work, the specific resources of each family unit are studied and the sponsorship program through SME’s is managed to be able to provide financial support to people with a lack of economic resources and who need treatment.
We are convinced that a just society is one that supports the people who need it, for this, from the area of social work, we work on connecting socially responsible companies with vulnerable elderly people through the Social SME’s Program: sponsor a senior.
We consider that the social approach in a rehabilitation process is decisive since the support and social resources of the user is what guarantees the real perception of the process and increases the guarantees of success.